- Partnership venture between Campaign for Learning, ContinYou and NIACE
- Set up in 2001
- Free membership - over 6,000 existing members
- Government funding through the National Learning and Skills Council since 2003
- To provide free information and support to Family Learning practitioners
- To facilitate the sharing of good practice
- To run national conferences and capacity building events
- To provide a central website for Family Learning, where resources and information can be shared by practitioners on www.familylearningnetwork.com
- To promote Family Learning regionally, nationally and internationally
- To influence policy and practice
- The Practitioner Focus Group identifies priorities and ensures that the NFLN develops in response to the needs of Family Learning practitioners.
- The Management Team, with representatives from the three partner organisations, supports the running of the NFLN, including providing advice and guidance.
- The Steering Group brings together national representatives from key organisations working in Family Learning. The aim of this Group is to provide a national context to the work of the NFLN and to promote a coordinated and coherent approach at a strategic level.